Closing the Circle (Or How I Learned to Never Say "Never")

 

(Or How I Learned to Never Say "Never")

​They say if you want to make God laugh, just tell Him your plans. Well, I think I’ve become His favorite stand-up act lately. Remember my last post, [Update: Beyond the gates of Brothers]? Back then, I was convinced the interview was a total disaster because my "home math" (the day shift) didn't align with the reality on the ground (the night shift).

​But life has a very specific sense of humor. That "it's not possible" from back then transformed, through a bit of bureaucratic pirouette, into a surprisingly cheerful "yes." I’ve realized one thing: the success of an interview isn't just about your answers, but about the energy you carry when you walk out. If you leave those gates feeling like you’ve had a great conversation, the rest is just paperwork. And just like that, I’ve ticked all the boxes, signed everything, and I already have a date marked in my calendar for the big "return."

​And here’s where the "making fun of trouble" part comes in. After a few months where my only physical effort was moving my laptop from one side of the sofa to the other, a harsh realization hit me: I’ve grown quite fond of the "gentleman's life." To be honest, I’m a bit terrified. Not of the work itself, but of the fact that I’ve become so "comfortable" that even the idea of wearing safety boots feels like an extreme adventure.

​I’m at that point where I wonder if I still have the "engine" in me or if these months of downtime have permanently turned me into a professional couch potato. It’s an internal struggle between the excitement of having a path again and that absurd fear that my "comfort zone" has stuck to me like a magnet.

​Have you ever felt that, after a long break, starting over is like trying to jump-start an old car in the middle of winter? 

And by the way, how do you sense if an interview went well before you actually see the contract?

​Catch you in the comments, before I officially enter "nocturnal mode."



​

Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post